Friday, December 4, 2009

Bob Robertson and Bob Judge support Mike Capuano for Senate

Below is a message from Bob Robertson:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Robertson
Date: Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:34 PM
Subject: Senate (fwd)
To: Bob Judge

Bob Judge:

I would be pleased to have you post my opinion below on the SH Democrats blog. I might add that a further reason for my preferring Capuano over Coakley is the flipflop that she did on the crucial issue of the death penalty.

Bob Robertson


---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 09:47:05 -0500 (EST)
From: Robert Robertson
To: Sarah Etelman, Bob Judge
Subject: Senate

Good morning, friends:

After our email exchange last week (and a conversation with Bob Judge...), I spoke with Ellen Story on the phone. I've never met her, but have been impressed by what I've read of her over the years -- a progressive, thoughtful state rep., I believe... She is for Mike Capuano in the primary.

She likes what she's seen of Mike and also had a former asst. go to DC to work in his office, yielding a rave review of him. They say he's plain-spoken but able to build coalitions. Obviously he's a liberal. I know that Bob (Judge) has some things on which he's uncertain or at odds with Mike. I don't have those reservations, so will support him.

... I want to believe that the Coakley lead is weak and overstated. The misleading polls on Bloomberg for NYC mayor suggest that an early lead can be misleading if the leader hits a ceiling. Who knows in our case? So a vote of public preference for Khazei might be a mistake. Again, who knows?

Thanks for sharing your earlier ideas with me. On to Tuesday, however.

Bob Robertson